Terry Riley & Gyan Riley: 21.00
Listen to eastern and western melodies created with electronic and acoustic sounds, the result of a great harmonic relationship between a father and his son.
Terry Riley is considered as one of the most prominent composers of the 20th century and is especially known for his pioneering works both in minimal classical music and electronic music, such as his composition “In C ” and his album, A Rainbow In Curved Air. Also fueled by classical Indian and Raga music, Riley’s impressive discography includes more than thirty albums and numerous compositions. One of Terry Riley’s longest-running and most famous collaborations is the Kronos Quartet, which began with his meeting with its founder, David Harrington, when he was teaching at Mills University. Composing thirteen pieces and a concerto for the famous quartet, the 84-year-old Riley is literally a musical treasure with his career of more than half a century.
Among the three children of Terry Riley, Gyan Riley was the only one who took an interest in music. He studied at the San Francisco Conservatory of Music. Working with various musicians and orchestras, including Zakir Hussain, Dawn Upshaw, San Francisco Symphony, Gyan Riley’s first solo album, Stream of Gratitude, was released with the label of Tzadik Records owned by John Zorn, and hinted that the young musician will follow in his father’s footsteps.
The father-son duo, Terry and Gyan Riley, enchanted the audiences during their 2016 tour of Europe. This year, their perfect organic harmony will be carried onto the stage of Zorlu PSM’s jazz club, touché, for an unforgettable performance.
General - 121.00 TL
- There is 18 age limit. The audience under the age of 18 can attend the event only with the help of their own parents.
- The specified time is the event start time.
- The venue has the right to change the event area and the time of the event.
- The venue reserves the right to change the terms of purchase of discounted tickets.
- The organization company reserves the right to deny entrance to the area of activity.
- Student ticket is limited to capacity and valid with student ID. ID must be presented on the day of the event.
- It is forbidden to bring food and drink to the event venue.
- It is forbidden to insert cameras and cameras in the event venue.
- Depending on the type of event, it may be necessary to be silent and keep phones off / on.
- Food service ends at 20:30 on weekdays and 21:00 on weekends.
- There is a table and bistro option.
- Tables have a shared seating arrangement - it is possible to share the same table with another audience.
- Please call 0212 924 01 28 to book a lodge or meal.