Swedish star, Sophie Zelmani, will perform at Studio on October 4!
With no musical background and without ever having performed in public, Sophie Zelmani, who has 15 albums up to the date, rose to the top of the charts with her debut album, “Sophie Zelmani”
In spite of being known as very shy person, she soon reached an audience all over Europe and Asia with her tender singer/songwriter skills.
The album entered the charts at number four in the winter of 1995 and soon it had gone gold in Sweden and Japan. Zelmani made a big promotional tour throughout Europe and then went to promote the album in the U.S., where similar female singer/songwriters were successful.
Her second effort “Precious Burden” was released in 1998, it got very good reviews. For the next album, which is “Time to Kill” Zelmani formed a band and it was released in 1999.
Zelmani has kept writing songs and her fourth album “Sing and Dance” came in 2002, it peaked no.3 on the chart. Then her fifth, sixth albums quickly followed. Ten years after her debut she released a best-of album titled “A Decade Of Dreams” which also included two new tracks and rose up to No.2 on the charts.
Two years have passed since Swedish singer-songwriter released her latest album, ”My Song”, and now it's time for a new full-length album of new album, “Sunrise”.
As always, the album is the result of intimate collaboration between the singer/songwriter herself, and guitarist, producer and arranger, Lars Halapi.
The core of musicians remain the same as before: Halapi, drummer Peter Korhonen, and bassist Thomas Axelsson add their usual, impeccable mix of versatility and subtle way of responding to each song's needs. They will, once again, be the core of Zelmani's live band. Backing vocalists, sisters Anna and Malin Törnquist, make their debut on a Zelmani album.
Zelmani's music usually demands that the listener enters her musical universe in order to get the most out of the experience. Sunrise, however, tends to have an immediacy not before heard on a Zelmani album.
- There are 18 age limits. Our audience under the age of 18 can attend the event with the help of their parents (mother and / or father).
- Zorlu Performing Arts Center reserves the right to change the conditions of purchase of discounted tickets.
- The organization company reserves the right to refuse tickets to the venue of the event.
- The specified time is the door opening time.
- Student ticket is valid with Student ID. On the day of the event, the ID must be submitted.
- Please beware of the high volume level in this event.
- This event contains strobe lighting which may be harmful for photosensitive epilepsy.
- Unattended belongings outside the cloakroom are not the responsility of the premises.
- Attention please; this event contains smog effect.
- Guests are not allowed to enter the venue with backpacks. Backpacks can be dropped off at the cloackroom on floor B1 or B3.