American rock music group DIIV, whose foundations were laid in Brooklyn in 2011, will be at 100% Studio on June 16, 2022 as part of PSM Loves Summer!
Originally started as a solo recording project by Zachary Cole Smith, DIIV consists of Zachary Cole Smith on vocals, Andrew Bailey on guitar, Colin Caulfield on bass/keyboards, and Ben Newman on drums.
Having recorded 3 studio albums with Oshin (2012), Is the Is Are (2016) and most recently with Deceiver (2019), the band creates a music that blends the peaceful melodies of shoegaze with the catharsis approach of grunge. The influence of Nirvana and My Bloody Valentine in their music reminiscent of Warpaint, Wild Nothing and Ariel Pink successfully showed itself in their debut studio album Oshin, released in 2012.
The album Is the Is Are in 2016 had a darker sound, under the influence of the turbulent period of the band between 2013 and 2015. Smith, who went into rehabilitation in 2014, wrote more than 150 songs in this process and immortalized the process he lived in. At the end of the rehabilitation process, a series of singles that went up to the album Is the Is Are became a document of this process.
Displaying its most collaborative stance on composing yet, DIIV drew inspiration from darker names such as True Widow and Unwound during the recording of the album. Feeding on the pain underlying all of this, their album Deceiver, which debuted in 2019, has been the band's darkest and most traumatic album to date.
- All events that will take place at Zorlu PSM are subject to special rules due to the pandemic. Anyone who buys a ticket is deemed to have accepted these rules and sanctions
- Body temperature will be measured by officers at Zorlu Center search points. Guests with a body temperature above 38C will not be admitted.
- At Zorlu PSM entrances, our guests will be given masks or their existing masks will be replaced with new ones. It is mandatory to use a mask to cover the mouth and nose. Those who are detected to have removed their masks will be warned, and those who ignore the warnings will be excluded from the Zorlu PSM area.
- Doors: 20:00 - DIIV: 21:00
- Guests must be 18 years and above on event day to be admitted into the event. Ages 14-18 must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian.
- Guests with tickets should be ready at the door at least 1 hour before the start of the event.
- Guests are required to make a line at Zorlu PSM entrances by following the 1.5-meter physical distance rule and prepare the ticket, photo ID while waiting.
- The event includes visual effects that are not suitable for people with photosensitive epilepsy.
- Zorlu PSM reserves the right to change the conditions for purchasing discounted tickets.
- Zorlu PSM reserves the right to change the event area and time.
- Zorlu PSM reserves the right to deny admittance to the venue by refunding the ticket fee if it deems unsuitable for the event.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in all indoor spaces. Attendees who break this rule will be taken out of the event area without warning and will not receive a refund.
- It is forbidden to bring food and drink into the event venue.
- Student ticket is limited by capacity and valid with student ID. Student ID must be shown to the staff on the day of the event.
- It is forbidden to bring cameras and photo cameras into the event venue.
- Do not take off your wristband under any circumstances and do not lose your ticket.
- Your ticket, and the wristband given by the event give
s you the right to enter the event area in designated hours. If you lose your wristband and/or ticket or take off your wristband you will lose the right to attend the event. The organizer and Passo will not be responsible for lost tickets and/or wristbands.