Lisa Ekdahl, a Swedish star bloomed in French melodies, will be a guest of PSM Jazz Festival and enchant us with her bossa nova style in May 4th in Turkcell Platinum Stage!
Lisa Ekdahl was brought into superstardom overnight in Scandinavia in the winter of 1994. Her debut album was a huge success, it gave her three Grammy awards. The fragility and sensitivity of hers, combined with a laid back style, dazzled fans and critics. Her music reached out to many European countries, especially France has fallen for her understated way of performing jazz standards, bossanova and original songs. Her first recording job was as a background vocalist. Even though it did not turn out well, Lisa was discovered and offered to make her own record: “Lisa Ekdahl”, her debut album. When she was 19, she started to perform in small jazz clubs with Swedish jazz trio “The Peter Nordahl trio”. Lisa & the trio played a series of concerts at club La Villa in the Saint Germain area of Paris. Later, they released two albums together: “When did you leave Heaven” & “Back to earth”. Lisa released the bossa nova album “Lisa Ekdahl sings Salvadore Poe” in 2001, gaining a lot of appreciation in Europe. After living in NYC for some time Lisa went back to Stockholm to record the 9 original compositions for “Give me that slow knowing smile”, released in 2009.
“You sometimes feel meaningless. Otherwise, I do not think it's time to play such a big role. I can always write songs. I'll sing to delirium. The music is really a free zone for me. I can thank the life of this gift.”
General Sales: 154,00 ₺
Student: 124,00 ₺
Accessibility: 121,00 ₺
- Event is suitable for 8 years and older.
- The doors open at the specified time.
- Zorlu PSM holds the right to change the terms of purchase for discounted tickets.
- Event management reserves the right to refund tickets and deny access to the venue.
- Student tickets are limited and only valid for those holds a valid Student ID. On the day of the event, the guests must present their valid Student ID.
- The venue does not guarantee for the late comers to watch the event in their own seats. They will be directed to available seats.
- Guests who arrive late should be very carefull while being seated, in order not to disturb the others.