The legend Jethro Tull, one of the most successful and most permanent bands in the world, contributing songs such as "Aqualung" and "Locomotive Breath" to progressive rock history, will be the guest of PSM Jazz Festival on June 17th 2022 as part of the Jethro Tull The Prog Years tour!
When it comes to progressive rock, the first name that comes to our mind is Ian Anderson and, of course, Jethro Tull, of which he is a member. The influential band gave their first concert in London's famous Marquee Club in 1968. When they were first founded, the band consisted of Anderson, Cornick, Bunker, and Abrahams and they released their first album "This Was" with the Island Records label in the same year. It can’t be denied that Tull wrote an important part of progressive rock history, with an uncountable amount of releases throughout their musical career. Even though Ian Anderson, one of the star members of the group, who is engraved into our memories playing his flute on one foot continued to perform the band's songs on stage with his own name, the band survived as a brand. Anderson, who is the group's songwriter, producer, vocalist, flutist and sometimes guitarist, is still signing around with Jethro Tull up to 100 concerts all over the world. The "The Prog Years" tour, which will be a guest of the PSM Jazz Festival, will definitely consist of songs they describe as "more progressive". They will feature their hit songs from the albums "Stand Up", "Benefit", "Aqualung", "Thick As a Brick" or even "Thick As a Brick 2". On this night which will take place at Zorlu PSM on June 17th and will go down in history, Ian Anderson will be accompanied by Jethro Tull musician David Goodier, John O’Hara, Joe Parrish, and Scott Hammond.
"There was another part of my brain that enjoyed the more mathematical nature of a very different music. So when I heard Bach and Beethoven when I was a young professional musician I felt that this was the kind of music that I could perhaps incorporate a little bit into my own songwriting.” – Ian Anderson 2017
VIP: 330,00 ₺ - Student: 270,00 ₺
1. Category: 264,00 ₺ - Student: 216,00 ₺
2. Category: 220,00 ₺ - Student: 180,00 ₺
3. Category: 187,00 ₺ - Student: 153,00 ₺
4. Category: 154,00 ₺ - Student: 126,00 ₺
5. Category: 110,00 ₺ - Student: 90,00 ₺
Accessibility: 90,00 ₺
- Event is suitable for 8 years and older.
- The doors open at the specified time
- Zorlu PSM holds the right to change the terms of purchase for discounted tickets.
- Event management reserves the right to refund tickets and deny access to the venue.
- Student tickets are limited and only valid for those holds a valid Student ID. On the day of the event, the guests must present their valid Student ID.
- The venue does not guarantee for the late comers to watch the event in their own seats. They will be directed to available seats.
- Guests who arrive late should be very carefull while being seated, in order not to disturb the others.