Berlin-based techno composer Hendrik Weber saw the name, which means "panther of the prince" in French, in a dream and acquired it as his new project that marked his transition from the house and minimal techno to the self-defined genre; sonic House, bringing together elements of acoustic, electronically altered field recordings and shoegazing references.
The moniker Pantha du Prince was launched in 2002 with the 12'' titled Nowhere and the debut studio album Diamond Daze was released in 2004. This Bliss (2007) explored travel, time, and the joy of forward motion while Weber made his real breakthrough with his third album; Black Noise. Released on the Rough Trade Records label to broad acclaim, the album featured Noah Lennox aka Panda Bear from Animal Collective and Tyler Pope of LCD Soundsystem.
In 2013, Elements of Light, Pantha du Prince's collaborative album with The Bell Laboratory, was released. Weber continued his collaboration with The Bell Laboratory's Bendik Kjeldsberg in The Triad (2016), which also featured Scott Mou, a.k.a. Mr. Queens. The track titled Lions Love from the album is a reference to Agnes Varda’s film of the same title, also tying into the concept of the album, which is about a triadic relationship between a woman and two men in Los Angeles. Another film referenced in the album is Fritz Lang's Frau im Mond, which Weber claims resembles the album with the theme of concrete utopia. Weber sang most of his own songs in The Triad, completing the album with the vintage analog equipment of Joachim Schütz and his studio in Swabia, after recording several tracks in Berlin and Los Angeles.
With his latest album, “Conference of Trees” Weber presents a unique combination of electronic music and traditional instruments as he explores and interprets the communication of trees and, based on this exploration, creates a phenomenal sound concept.
Online Ticket Price: 22,50 ₺
- This event is a tape recording; will not be broadcast live.
- It can be viewed between 21:00 on 19 March 2021 and 23:59 on 21 March 2021 on https://online.zorlupsm.com .
- You have 5 entries to the broadcast.
- Your ticket does not give physical access to the venue; gives the right to watch online broadcast only.
- The online tracking code on the ticket is used to monitor the event.
- When the broadcast is active, this code must be written in password box.
- Online tracking code is personal; Only one device can be accessed.
- You can watch the broadcast on your computer, tablet or smart phone.
- It is the user's responsibility to enter the broadcast late due to different personal reasons such as power or internet outages.
- All broadcasting rights belong to Zorlu PSM. In the event that the publication is recorded illegally, published, or attempted to be marketed, legal actions are taken and necessary sanctions are applied.
- Cannot be used for promotional purposes.
- Passo is the only authorized dealer of the events in Passo. We would like to remind you that we are not responsible for the tickets purchased through different channels. Please do not rely on the advertisements on unauthorized platforms in case you cannot attend the event due to fake / invalid tickets.