Surrounding PSM with the otherworldly inspiration of sound and melody, Neue! Step will be exploring through the new horizons of avant-garde, neo-classical and ambient music making. With the concert program and supporting events, Neue! Step will embrace the masters of the highly acclaimed neo-classical music revolution today as well as introducing the influential up-and-comers of the avant-garde music scene. Save the date for a fall festival, Neue! Step.
Inviting you on his journey of creating immersive soundscapes using poetry and melody, London-based singer-songwriter Douglas Dare will be at %100 Studio as a part of Neue! Step on September 14!
The son of a piano teacher, Douglas began composing instrumental music from a young age, but it was not until studying popular music at University in Liverpool in 2008 that he began songwriting. Douglas’ rich and haunting vocals are combined with lyrics crafted from his own poems and short prose, a writing style that gives his intimate songs wisdom far beyond his 23 years. His elegantly moody, piano-based songs and haunting voice drew comparisons to artists such as Thom Yorke and James Blake, and in 2013 attracted the attention of Erased Tapes founder Robert Raths. After supporting Ólafur Arnalds and Nils Frahm on their recent tours, 2014 saw the release of his debut album Whelm to critical acclaim. Collaborating with percussionist and producer Fabian Prynn, Dare crafted the dark, intimate ten-song album.
His second album Aforger, released in 2016, was mixed at the iconic Abbey Road Studios. The album, which sets music to Dare’s original poems, is a marked evolution from his debut; not only sonically, with both a brass ensemble and choir featured in a number of songs, but also lyrically he’s head in a more candid and vulnerable direction.
What to listen?
· Swim (Rival Consoles Remix)
- The concert will take place in a 360-degree stage format.
- There is 18 age limit. The audience under the age of 18 can attend the event only with the accompaniment of mother and / or father.
- Student ticket is valid with Student ID. ID must be presented on the day of the event.
- The organization company reserves the right to deny entrance to the area of activity.
- The specified time is the door opening time.
- Zorlu Performing Arts Center reserves the right to change the conditions for discounted tickets.
- The venue has the right to change the event area and the time of the event.
- Loud sound is used during the event.
- During the event, light effects and visuals that are not suitable for epilepsy patients are used.
- The responsibility of the goods not left to the cloakroom belongs to their owners.
- Fog effect will be used throughout the event. We'il bring it to your attention.
- This event is not accessible with a backpack. You can leave your bag in the cloakroom on the B1 or B3 floor.