The present and the future of electronic music will be at Sónar Istanbul on 8-9 March at Zorlu PSM!
Sónar Istanbul welcomes Ben Frost – Widening Gyre (360° Live), Bicep (DJ Set), Deena Abdelwahed – Khonnar (Live), DJ Lag, DJ Seinfeld, DJ Stingray, Fjaak (Live), Gazelle Twin, George Fitzgerald (Live), HAAi, Henrik Schwarz (Live), Kobosil, Laurent Garnier, Matador (Live), Modeselektor (Live), Octo Octa, The Field, Tijana T and Volvox to its highly anticipated line-up.
Transforming Zorlu PSM into the center of music, creativity and technology on its second edition last year, Sónar Istanbul returns to Zorlu PSM on 8-9 March 2019 and be welcoming the worlds most significant DJs and producers.
Sonic dance generator: Modeselektor
Modeselektor, which was one of the guests of honor of the first edition of Sónar Istanbul, sets its route to Istanbul again. The duo, consisting of Gernot Bronsert and Sebastian Szary, took stage at Sónar Barcelona, which celebrated its 25th birthday this year. Now, they are getting ready to meet the Istanbul audience, with a dance focused live set pushing the limits of the imagination. Preserving their tradition, the duo released their 4th compilation album last June. They announced their new album “Who Else” with a brand-new song called “Wealth” last month. The new album, which will be released by Monkeytown Records, will be out on the 22nd of February. Right after that, the duo will meet electronic music fans at Sónar Istanbul.
Pure Muscle: Bicep
Bicep's music consists of high doses of house and techno, both classic and contemporary, as well as electro, italodisco, garage, experimental and slightly psychedelic escapades. Their sights remain firmly fixed on the dance floor and if we study their "body of work" to date it is abundantly clear how incredibly consistent they are. There is also, of course, their first official LP, "Bicep", an album –released on Ninja Tune- that works perfectly in any format and situation: from casual laptop to attentive headphone listening and especially in the club.
To this list, we must now add Sónar Istanbul. Matt McBriar and Andy Ferguson form one of the strongest and most revered partnerships on the international scene. They have been releasing EPs, singles and remixes since 2010 (which saw them remix Spain's Aster, for example) as well as releasing material from other artists through their blog and label, Feel My Bicep. Over time they have earned an unmatched reputation for their productions that often oscillate between several genres and are characterized by a robust and penetrating muscular sound, without fissures and impervious to the passage of time.
Maestro: Laurent Garnier
The revered ‘DJ’s DJ’ will be at Sónar Istanbul with one of his spectacular sets. Garnier’s Sónar performances are rightly heralded as powerful rituals that allow him to share his knowledge and experience, building a collective euphoria and providing an authentic master class in his art.
Laurent Garnier has been making the planet dance for 30 years. One of the trailblazers of the dance music scene, he has continued to win over new audiences by continually reinventing himself, while always maintaining the passion that first made him standout behind the decks in the late 80's. This will be a chance to enjoy one of the best DJs in history.
Sónar Istanbul’s packed program
Sónar Istanbul will host talented producers, DJs and bands which left a prominent mark on the electronic music scene. The new names added to the exciting line-up include: Belgrade’s most precious gift to the electronic music scene, DJ and producer Tijana T; Ben Frost, who will present a unique festival experience with his special, 360° live performance; Berghain’s resident DJ Kobosil, who is famous for his hypnotizing techno sets; German techno trio FJAAK, who are under the wings of Monkeytown Records; Swedish producer who gave a meaning to lo-fi house music, DJ Seinfeld; the low-fi and minimal member of the house music, qgom’s South Africa representative DJ Lag; an avant-garde electronic project from Tunusia, Deena Abdelwahed. The further details of Sónar Istanbul will be announced soon.
Regular 2-Days Pass
1st Pre-sale: 250.00 TL Sold-Out 2nd Pre-sale: 300.00 TL Sold Out
3rd Sale: 350 TL
Final Price: 490.00 TL
VIP 2-Days Pass
1. Pre-sale: 600.00 TL (Limited Strings) Sold Out
2.Pre-sales 700.00 TL (number of strings)
Final Price: 950.00 TL
VIP Ticket Scope
• Sonar Club VIP area entrance
• Sonar Lab VIP area entrance
• VIP Lounge area entrance
• VIP WC
• Sonar Istanbul VIP badge
• Free VIP cloakroom
• Free parking
- All attendees are subject to a ticket without the age limit.
- All attendees under the ages of 18 must have their parent. Attendees under the age of 8 are not allowed to the festival zone.
- Official wristbands are to be worn at all times. If you do not wear a wristband, you will be escorted off site.
- Attendees must bring a valid photo ID. Anyone with no ID are not allowed to the festival zone.
- NO outside food or beverage
- Show will take place rain or shine
- No Audio / Video recording devices or selfie sticks, tripods.
- Recording will not be tolerated.
- NO Aerosol Products / Aerosol Cans
- NO Pepper Spray or Mace or Fireworks, Explosives
- Tickets are sold subject to the Promoter’s right to alter or vary the performances and/or the Festival without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refund and refuse admission to the Festival. There might be searches of persons entering the Site to ensure the safety of the persons on Site.
- Lost, stolen, damaged, destroyed or undelivered tickets cannot be replaced or refunded. There will be no admission without a valid ticket. When you receive your tickets, please check them carefully, as mistakes cannot always be rectified. Keep tickets in a safe place.
VIP Ticket Scope
- Sonar Club VIP area entrance
- Sonar Lab VIP area entrance
- VIP Lounge area entrance
- VIP WC
- Sonar Istanbul VIP badge
- Free VIP cloakroom
- Free parking<